Once you have Set Up Your TSP654II AirPrint Receipt Printer, you may opt to update your printer settings so that your receipts print on a single page. This process can only be done from a desktop computer and involves two key components:
- Identifying your printer's IP address.
- Connecting your device with the CUPS driver.
1. Identify Your Printer's IP Address
- Power the printer OFF.
- Hold down the Feed button while powering the printer back ON.
- Once the printer is on, release the feed button. This will cause the printer to print two items:
- A page with switch and memory details.
- A page with configuration details.
- At the bottom of the second page, you will find the printer's IP address under Wireless LAN Network.
2. Connect Your Device with the CUPS Driver
- From the Star Micronics CUPS Driver for macOS page, download the CUPS driver. To do this, select the Download button and follow the corresponding prompts to complete the download process.
- On your Mac desktop device, navigate to your printer settings by selecting System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- In the Printers & Scanners dialogue box, select the add (+) icon.
- In the Add Printer dialogue box, select the network icon, then enter the printer’s IP address into the Address field.
- From the Protocol drop-down menu, choose HP Jetdirect - Socket.
- From the Use drop-down menu, choose Select Software. This will open the Printer Software dialogue box.
- In the Printer Software dialogue box:
- Search for 650.
- Choose TSP650 Cutter.
- Select OK. This will bring you back to the Add Printer dialogue box.
- In the Add Printer dialogue box, select Add to confirm your settings.
Your printer is now configured to print one-page receipts.